Saturday, December 8, 2007

Movie 312: The Golden Compass (review)


A movie that I thought I will get alot of surprise, well, not alot, there is still some surprise anyway. I quite like this movie, and it's my first time seeing Nicole Kidman acting as a foe. She did quite well in the casting. But what my friend said that the storyline is too direct. What I thought was maybe that the target audience were to youngsters, so the director made it easy to understand. Anyway, I wasn't quite surprise to see that they will have a second movie on it, but some kind of disappointment. I dunno why, but just feel that they should finish off in one movie. Maybe it's too long, well, as it's a story from a novel, I guess. Quite fantasy anyway, I do love fantasy things...... ^^

Star rating: 3.5 out of 5!!!!!
(p/s: hope that the 2nd movie will bring more surprise....... >.<)

1 comments:

farahrozhan December 9, 2007 at 9:44 PM  

Have you read the novel? It's nothing like the novel though, the movie. The book was bold, intense and as something Ms. Chan would say; coherent unlike the movie. I was looking forward to an enlightening experience but then I came out dumbfounded. Oh well. I just hope they pick another director if they happen to do the sequel.




I should get back to my research paper. Too many breaks now.

  © Blogger template 'The Comic Series' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP