Sunday, July 27, 2008

Movie 312: Red Cliff [Part I] (review)


I've put much expectation on this movie, well you know, big casting and international movie, sure everyone will have high expectations. At first when I asked my friend for this movie, I didn't know that it has 2 episodes, not untill I did the online tickets reservation. I was wondering how come that it was stated part I there on the movie title, is that gonna be a part II? So later on when discussed that with my other friend only knew that there was another scene, the ship war, wasn't shown in the current one. Then only I recall back about the reports on this ship war scene where one of the ship exploded and one of the action-man died.

It was really happening last night, I guess it was most probably because of too much nice movie in this month and that's the reason the cinema was flooded with people. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the 9pm show, so we have to go for 12am show. What to do for the free time from 830pm till 1215am? There was a 4 hrs gap, and my friend suggested that we should go get a place where we could eat and stay there for long period. So we went to Lemon Garden again. We haven't been there for like half a year, I mean I haven't been there with my friend for that long while. We ate alot that night, too much of nice food, and we both were so crave for it. But luckily, we walked back and forth from Pavilion to Lemon Garden, at least some exercise before and after the meal. We reach there by 9pm, leave at 11pm. Then we went to starhill and walked around, then sat down and enjoy the music there. Then we both have some crazy thoughts about how to enjoy 5 stars environment without using money at all. Haha..... Really something crazy.

Then time for the movie. Was kinda warm last night, quite difficult to breathe, and not feeling comfortable sitting there, maybe was because of the warmth. And it was midnight, usually I was sleeping soundly in my bed that time, rather then sitting in cinema. The story line was good, but the director dragged too much on the "Ba Gua" formation, kinda boring there. But the whole scene was interesting, for me, because it was my first time to know about this formation and how it functioned. And I was wondering how would it be if the formation was used on water. Must be interesting as well. So, another high expectation on the coming Red Cliff part II. Hope that the story wasn't dragged too much like the first one.

Movie rating: 3.5 stars out of 5!! (p/s: Yu is yu, Liang is liang, we are both with different lords...)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'The Comic Series' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP