Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happenings 312: Tiga Belas!!


It's the 13th annual MSID's(Malaysia Society of Interior Design) competition for ID students from all the universities and colleges. "Tiga Belas", which means thirteen, was used as the theme name rather than using the numeric number 13 is because the organizers wanted to created the name that gave a very strong and striking effect, and the "belas" has the similar sound as "blast". It was held in UIAM(University Islamic Antarabangsa Malaysia) and Metropolitan Park.

It was my first time joining and also representing my UC to such big event/competition, and it was really fun. It was seperated into two days, where day 1 is the games, which include of: kite flying, jig-saw, and also explore race; while the day 2 was the finale, a charity event and also prize giving. My team participated in the kite flying and the jig-saw, while other representatives of my UC participated in the explore race as well as the charity event. Our team got a champion in the jig-saw event, while one of my classmates got 2nd runner up for her individual chair design.

Due that I didn't overnight at the event place, and I wasn't involved with the interschool games, I didn't get the chance to knew friends from other colleges. But I saw their products and learnt something. Even though there wasn't much interaction, but it's a very good chance to see how other schools' students do their work and the level they reached. Other than that, I also got some ideas while listening to their presentation of their work that I might able to apply into my work in the future.




0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'The Comic Series' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP